• the handling of your personal information by GPost Corporation America (State of Delaware), GPost Corporation Australia Pty Ltd ACN 629 034 617, GPost Registry America (State of Delaware) and GPost Registry Services Pty Ltd ACN 629 034 626 (GPost, we, us and our) through our websites gpost.com; mararlee.com; and
2. Who provides the Services and controls your information
When you provide personal information to us:
• it will be collected and retained by GPost Registry Services Pty Ltd for the purpose of establishing and making available a registry of addresses and associated persons acquired from users of GPost services; and
• licensed to by GPost Corporation Australia Pty Ltd in order for it to operate the “GPost” service. By using our Services you:
• acknowledge that you are over 13 years of age (or if you’re not over the age of 13, you parents or guardians have consented to the collection of your personal information); and
• consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
3. What personal information we collect and hold
Personal information is any information or opinion (whether true or not), which either directly or indirectly allows your identity to reasonably be determined (personal information). We only collect your personal information when that personal information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The types of personal information we collect and hold may differ depending on your dealings with us, such as:
• mobile phone number
• information you share with us regarding people or businesses you invite to use to GPost system (i.e. through neighbour referral)
• information which can be retained from a relevant document used to verify your identity (including but not limited to accepted service bills or rates notice)
• information which may be contained in a resume and which may be recorded during any interview or pre-employment screening; and
• in the case of general Website visitors and users, customer demographics and behaviour information (such as age range, gender and location) obtained through various analytics tools
A. Browser and Device Information
Like many other service providers, we may collect technical information when you use our Services. This information is collected from your computer, mobile phone or tablet device. and may include, (where available) your:
• IP address
• date and time of use
• mobile contact list
• cookie data
• length and pattern of use of the Services
• operating system, model and type the browser being used
• enabled settings and device settings; and
• browser type
We may also collect other personal information we consider is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions and activities such as personal information that we request from you or that you or a third party provide to us, and which we are authorised or required by law to collect. This can include from vendors, advertisers, public sources or service providers. Unless you consent to providing certain key personal information to us, you will not be able to transact with us.
B. Sensitive or special category Information
In general, we do not collect sensitive information about you. However, we may also collect sensitive information about you if you consent to us doing so and the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, or where otherwise permitted or required by law. Sensitive or special category information is personal information that includes information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health. Sensitive or special category information has additional protections under the law.
By using this website or our Services you consent to us collecting your special category information where it is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions. We will not use or disclose your sensitive information other than as allowed by the law or with your consent.
C. Unsolicited information
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, unless it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, or we are otherwise permitted or required by law to retain it, we will de-identify or destroy it as soon as practical provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
4. Can you choose not to disclose your personal information?
You decide how much personal information to share in your personal profile and how much of your profile to share with the public, using your account settings. However, if we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with products, Services, information or assistance you may require.
If you contact us to make a general inquiry about our business or the Services, you do not have to identify yourself or provide any personal information unless you require us to get back in touch with you at a later stage or if you would like us to send you further information. You can also notify us that you wish to deal with us by not identifying yourself.
If you have provided your consent for us to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time, however this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal information before your withdrawal.
A. Geolocation Information
If you grant us access to geolocation information your mobile or tablet device, you can turn off that access at any time by changing the settings on your mobile or tablet. To request the deletion of your geolocation information from our system please contact us at email@example.com.
B. Visibility of Account
All current registered Claimant’s will be visible to one another by reference to their “User Defined” and “Prefix”.
For the purposes of allowing you to use the Services, the default settings for your account are for area and broadcast emails applicable to your email and geolocation. You can manage your notification preferences on your settings page, however some administrative emails cannot be turned off whilst you still act as a claimant of an email address with GPost.
If you change address and indicate through your account settings that you have moved, your personal information from your profile will not be accessed to any other person.
5. How we collect and hold your personal information
The way we usually collect information from you includes:
• collecting the email or physical address of any person who signs up with us to receive email communications from us
• when you sign up as a Claimant, register a physical address, sign up to receive our newsletter or other marketing materials
• when you conduct business advertising with or through us
• when you agree to participate in a market research initiative
• when you provide your information to our staff
• when you supply goods and/or services to us; and
• when you visit or use our Services
We may also collect your personal information from a related entity, from a third party or a publicly available source where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect the information directly from you or if necessary to satisfy our legal obligations.
6. How secure is my personal information?
GPOST will take reasonable steps to protect and store your personal information to prevent misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
By using our website, you acknowledge that the security of your personal information is not absolute or guaranteed and you do so at your own risk. If you post personal information on our website, we will consider that you have consented to the collection of this information.
Except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Nothing in this Policy restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
7. Use of your personal information
We will use your personal information for the legitimate purpose for which it was collected, which includes the provision of the Services.
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information will vary depending on the relevant entity and the nature of your relationship with us. Any of the personal information we collect from you may be used or disclosed for any of the following purposes (where applicable):
• providing the Services
• verification of your identity and setting up your account
• the public (being your email address which includes your location)
• providing our App and the functionality therein for users of the App, and analysing use of our App
• allowing emergency service providers to provide broadcasts
• send you information about emergency broadcasts, personal safety, public events, public meetings, promotions, advertising and marketing material and messages from peers
• respond to your complaint, feedback, enquiry or to send you information
• keep you informed of our latest business news, direct marketing initiatives, promotions and events
• any purpose required or permitted by law
• updating your personal information
• a third-party acquirer, merger partner or transferee of all or part of our assets or business
• parties to whom you have requested we disclose personal information
• in the case of digital advertising, to personalise and tailor marketing messages and content to your preferences
• in the case of Website visitors, information to help us develop marketing insights as well as help inform our digital strategy
We will only use personal information beyond the primary purpose where it is related to that purpose, where you consent to the further use.
8. Do we disclose your personal information to third parties?
When you provide your personal information to us it may be transferred to our service providers, including those located outside of Australia. The types of third parties to which we may disclose your personal information may include:
• third party suppliers who assist us in performing our functions and activities, customer service, marketing and promotions, administrative support and website maintenance
• if we are required to do so by law
• our employees, agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time
• other service providers (financial institutions, insurers, legal and professional advisers)
• detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues
• prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including yourself and members of the general public
• if requested to do so by government, regulatory and enforcement agencies
• other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information
We may share your personal information to our service providers who may use the personal information for direct marketing services on our behalf, however, we will not share your personal information with other companies for the purpose of those companies marketing their own products to you unless we specifically ask for and receive your permission to do so.
Although we do not actively disclose your Personal Information to third parties, we do engage digital service providers such as Google and Facebook which will have access to certain personal and digital information relating to you. Please refer to the section below relating to Digital Information.
A. Automated decision making
We may use your IP address to determine which country you are from and, based on such IP address, make a decision about whether or not to allow you access to the site and/or our Services. We may also use automated decision-making processes to identify scam or fake data amongst emails.
Where we use automated decision-making processes, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests. Where our use of automated decision-making processes has affected you, you may provide your view on the decision, contest the decision and ask us to arrange for a human to review the decision.
B. De-identified information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided that this information does not identify particular individuals.
9. Overseas disclosure
If we transfer your personal information outside of Australia, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient complies with all applicable laws in relation to their handling of such personal information. Generally these include putting in place suitable contractual obligations on the recipient – please contact us if you would like details of these obligations. Our current service providers are located in Australia.
10. How long will we store your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or, if longer, as required, you “opt out” or permitted by law.
11. Digital Information & Cookies
GPOST does use Digital Information and Cookies. Cookies are files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enable the site or service provider’s system to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information from your computer. We have implemented certain Google Analytics Advertising Features on the Website. These include Data Collection for Google Analytics Search & Display Network Remarketing, Audience Demographics & Interests Reporting and Display Network Impression Reporting.
These features may provide us with marketing insights into certain customer attributes and preferences when using the internet and various digital platforms (“Digital Information”). However, given that this information may not always be personally identifiable information, it may not constitute Personal Information. Nevertheless, our use of such Digital Information shall be governed by this Policy. GPOST websites store a unique ID on your web client in order to identify you while using the website. As part of the Google Analytics Features used on the Website, GPOST may also use Google Analytics cookies and advertising cookies.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features you use, including through your browser Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. Please refer to Google Analytics’ currently available opt-out add-on to your web browser to prevent access to your Digital Information.
12. Links to Other Sites
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you do not know. GPOST does not guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
13. Accessing and amending your personal information
To access your information is generally a free service. You are also entitled to object to any direct marketing from us using your personal information.
Sometimes, we may ask that you send this information to us in writing to assist us. On occasion, if detailed personal information is stored in our archives, a small fee may be charged to cover the cost of obtaining the information for you. We will inform you of any charges payable upon your request.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information by contacting our customer experience function at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GPOST aims to respond to requests for access to personal information within fourteen (14) days.
Any denial of a request for access to personal information will be accompanied by an explanation setting out our reasons for doing so.
Where any information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete, you can request that the information be amended and we aim to rectify any inaccurate information and complete incomplete information.
In some instances where it is not practical to update your personal information, we may choose to note your desired changes and place them together with the original personal information on our records.
14. Changes to our Policy
GPOST reserves the right to modify or update this Policy at any time without prior notice. If we modify or update our Policy, we will post the revised policy here. Your continued use of the site will signify your agreement to be bound by this Policy, as amended.
15. Our contact details
Complaints and enquiries
If you wish to access or correct your personal information, or if you have any concerns or enquiries about how we deal with your personal information, you should contact us at email@example.com.